Hubby is loving the new style of cooking. I’m trying to make recipes that leave plenty of easy to eat for lunch items also. These slow cooker recipes are perfect for while I’m “LEARNING” to eat again. These allow me to cook a few times a week with plenty of C.O.R.N. (Clean Out Refrigerator Night) in between.
PINEAPPLE PEANUT BUTTER RIBS
3 1/2 pounds baby back ribs, cut in half
11.5 ounce frozen juice concentrate (orange pineapple) thawed
6 ounces pineapple juice
1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk together the juice concentrate, liquid aminos, peanut butter, cilantro, ginger, garlic and sugar. Reserve 3/4 cup for dipping sauce later.
- Place ribs in a large ziplock bag or marinated.
- Pour marinade over top and turn ribs to coat, cover and seal.
- Marinade for 8 hours or overnight, turning ribs periodically.
- Remove ribs from marinade.
- Stand ribs around the slow cooker if deep enough. If not, loosely layer ribs in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook 5 more hours.
- Heat reserved sauce and served with ribs for dipping.
NOTE: Standing the ribs will bring them into contact with the best heat source for crispy brown edges like they had been smoked for hours.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.