These are a great recipe for a potluck or buffet.
I always make too much on purpose because the leftovers freeze so well.
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, finely minced
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
1 teaspoon minced garlic from the jar
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 jumbo egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients and blend well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place meatballs on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until browned and baked through.
- For frozen meatballs, put the sauce in the crock pot first and then stir in frozen meatballs. They’ll be ready in 3-4 hours.
*I sometimes cheat and buy the bags of meatballs from Costco or Sam’s Club
3/4 cup Welch’s grape jelly
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 3/4 cups Heinz chili sauce
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin slivers
- In a large saucepan combine jelly, chili sauce and vinegar.
- Bring to a soft boil and simmer 5 minutes stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Layer meatballs, peppers and spicy sauce in crock pot.
- Warm meatballs in sauce for 3-4 hours before serving.
I do the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by aura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn atOverwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks and Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!