7 cups cherries ~ washed, pitted and halved
1 cup cranberries ~ washed and halved
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup orange juice
10 cups sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 packages pectin
- In a small bowl soak the raisins in the orange juice for at least an hour before beginning.
- In a large stock pot combine the cherries, cranberries, cinnamon and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or so until the fruit is soft enough to create a mashed mush as it thickens. Add the sugar and walnuts and mix well.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- When the rolling boil cannot be stirred away add the pectin and boil for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, skim foam and immediately pour into sterilized jars.
- Water bath 15 minutes.