APPLE DAPPLE CHICKEN & APPLES
4 chicken breasts cut in half longways
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small bunch green onions, sliced
1/4 cup Apple Dapple Schnapps
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3/4 cup orange pineapple juice
2 small Granny Smith Apples, cored, sliced and re-sliced
3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large skillet, melt together the butter and olive oil over a medium high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides. Move chicken to the edges of the pan and add green onions to the center. Saute’ a few minutes until onions are tender.
- Pour Apple Dapple Schnapps over the tops of all the chicken pieces.
- Carefully ignite and allow to burn down.
- Pour orange pineapple juice over chicken pieces and then sprinkle all the seasonings over chicken tops. Bring to a boil. Cover.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add slice apples over chicken and recover. Simmer 10 minutes more.
- During this time be warming a serving dish in the oven.
- With a slotted spoon remove chicken and apples to serving dish. Keep warm.
- Add heavy cream to the skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and is reduced by half.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and apples.
- Serve immediately.
ORANGE BANANA NUT BREAD or LEMON BANANA NUT BREAD
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/3 cup shredded coconut
2 medium or 3 small RIPE bananas
6 oz. can unsweetened orange juice concentrate*
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl blend together the orange juice concentrate, bananas and eggs.
- Blend in nuts, coconut and raisins.
- Add flour mixture until well mixed.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Immediately top with melted butter.
Hubby gives both recipes 2 thumbs up.