Magazine Mondays is hosted by Ivonne over at Cream Puffs in Venice. Save Room for Dessert, What Did you Bake Today and Cultural connections are hosted over at ThE KraZy KitcHen. Stop by and join in. Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam . Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites but Andrea is taking a break while she has her baby and is being hosted by Cole for a while. Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
SHREDDED CHICKEN VEGETABLE EGG ROLLS
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken or pork pieces
1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic, jar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 tablespoons canola oil
egg roll wrappers (I use Melissa’s)
- Heat skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots, Saute’ until tender.
- Drain, retaining oil.
- In a large mixing bowl toss meat pieces with sesame oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add vegetables and blend well.
- Cool 5-10 minutes.
- Fill center of each wrapper with 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold 1st corner towards the center. Then fold each edge towards the center. With a pastry brush wet the exposed triangle of dough and roll the bulk onto it.
- Add oil back into pan and add the additional 2 tablespoons and bring to medium heat.
- Cook egg rolls on all 4 sides until golden.
BLACKBERRY PINEAPPLE DIPPING SAUCE
1/2 cup Blackberry Pineapple Jam
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat jam in microwave for 20 seconds to warm and thin.
- Whisk in honey and soy sauce.
- Set aside.
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 JUMBO eggs
1 cup golden raisins
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon dried orange peel
1/4 teaspoon salt
1teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a mortar and pestle (or similar) finely grind all the spices together into a fine dust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small food chopper, chop the raisins into the butter until creamy.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Sift together the flour, spices, baking soda and powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until well blended.
- Add walnuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet and slightly flatten.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until edges are set.
- Let cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Good plain or with a Cream Cheese Frosting.