I have used this same recipe for traditional quiche for years and adapted it today to use what I had on hand. It was a pleasant success.
1/2 pound diced ham
1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 shallot finely chopped
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 deep pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Pre-bake the pie crust and cool before filling.
- Lightly saute shallot and ham.
- Sprinkle the ham and onion and grated swiss cheese evenly into crust.
- Beat the eggs, whipping cream and seasonings until well blended. Pour over mixture in pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 300° and bake an additional 35-45 minutes or until just golden and knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.