The key to fluffy pancakes is not to over mix the batter.
Do NOT beat it smooth. You should have some small lumps.
FLUFFY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar into a medium bowl.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Using a 1/2 cup measure, pour pancake batter about 2 inches away from each other.
- When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over.
- Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes warm.
- Serve with homemade maple syrup.