Don’t miss Giveaway at Comfy Cook – CSN – choice of 4 items
For the longest time, I looked for a chocolate mousse without raw eggs and could not find one. Recently, I am seeing some popping up, and I will have to try them. The first one I came across was from Nigella Lawson and I adapted that not only to be a chocolate mousse but to transform into many flavors. There is no end to the variety of desserts you can get from this recipe.
Instant Chocolate Mousse or Ice Cream
This recipe takes minutes to make and it has no raw eggs which is very important to me. The secret of its success is the Marshmallow Creme or Marshmallow Fluff and a few miniature marshmallows.
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (I used 2 cups marshmallow fluff and 1 cup marshmallows since kosher marshmallow retain their shape. In the end, it looks nice, this way.
- 1/2 stick margarine softened
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup hot water from a that had recently been boiling
- 1 non dairy whipped topping or whipping cream (8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put the marshmallows, marshmallow fluff, margarine, chocolate and water in the microwave.
Stop your microwave every 30 seconds and stir. I used a low to medium setting.
Meanwhile whip the cream with the vanilla until thick and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
Pour or scrape into 4 or 6 glasses or small dishes and chill until you want to eat. The sooner the better!