2 1/3 pound burger patties
2 thick slices of tomato
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
Caramelized red onions
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1 extra large red onions (about 4 medium), halved, thinly sliced into rings
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Bleu Cream Cheese Mayonnaise
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 ounces bleu cheese crumbles, room temperature
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a small food processor blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and bleu cheese crumbles.
- Combine ground beef, liquid smoke, salt and pepper to the meat and hand form the patties.
- Grill burgers inside or out.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter.
- When sizzling add onions and saute’ until translucent.
- Add balsamic vinegar and continue sauteing until moisture has sizzled away.
- Plate burger.
- Top with tomato, onions and then cheese.
- I use the pan lid over the plate for a minute to melt the cheese.