This is a recipe I am revamping to include the awesome mushrooms that I received from Justin at Marx Foods.
I was NOT disappointed and you won’t be either. They have some great quality bulk online wholesale foods available. These mushrooms added a rich nutty flavor that complimented the cashews excellent.
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons oil
2 cup hot chicken broth
2 teaspoon lemon juice
½ cup cashews
- Heat canola oil over medium high heat until JUST sizzling.
- Saute’ green onions and mushrooms until tender. Using a slotted spoon remove onions and Maitake mushrooms to drain on paper towels.
- Stir fry chicken in hot oil in frying pan or wok until chicken is lightly brown and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oil and drain excess oil from the pan.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Blend well, then add chicken stock to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
- Add lemon juice; add chicken pieces, onions and mushrooms and reheat. Do not boil.
- Taste to correct seasonings.
- Add cashews.
- Serve over hot rice.