This was from another scrap of recipe I found in gram’s things. I don’t know if she ever made it, but pork chops and beer in the same sentence got hubby’s interest and so we had some fun experimenting with this recipe.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Brown pork chops, generously salting and peppering.
- Remove pork chops, keep warm.
- Saute’ onion and celery until soft and translucent.
- Add flour, stirring until golden.
- Add water, stirring until well blended.
- Add beer and simmer until begins to thicken.
- Add pork chops back in and heat through.