BLANCO ROSA PASTA
¾ pounds penne pasta (I used lingiuini tonight)
1 pound chicken, cubed
3 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 small Vidalia Onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup White Zinfandel Wine*
1 8 ounce can Contadina tomato sauce
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Asiago Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the penne pasta until al dente per package instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the chicken and saute until just done. Do not overcook them.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the remaining butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and onion sauteing until translucent and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine. Let the wine evaporate for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the can of tomato sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Add heavy cream. Continue stirring until well blended.
- Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add chicken pieces back in and heat through.
- Toss with prepared pasta.
- Top with basil, parsley and grate Parmesan cheese.