1 large Heirloom tomato,sliced
1 small red onion, sliced thin
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Hidden valley ranch dressing mix (DRY) OR Good Seasons Italian dressing mix (DRY)
1/2 cup crumbled Bleu Cheese or Havarti slices
Thick Bread of Choice
3-4 tablespoons butter
I prepare the chicken breasts the same as you would HOT WINGS except that I flatten the chicken breasts first.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- Mix together the flour and seasonings in a plastic ziploc bag. Using a ziploc bag makes it easy to throw away the whole mess after dredging all the chicken pieces and it helps you coat every possible spot of the chicken pieces.
- Add chicken a few pieces at a time and coat them well. Set chicken pieces aside.
- While you’re doing this, have the butter melting in the pan. Start with 2 tablespoons and add as necessary, but make sure you don’t run dry.
- Once all the chicken has been dredged, start frying.
- After you have the pan full, pepper the pieces again. You only need to turn the chicken one time. Brown evenly and then drain on paper towels.
- As the last batch is frying, melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a flat bowl. To that add 1/2 cup of Frank’s hot sauce. Whisk them together well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with PURE.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the hot sauce mixture and put on cookie sheet.
- After you’re all done and if you have hot sauce and butter mixture left, pour a little over the top of each wing.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter on griddle over medium high heat. Add more as necessary to keep from burning.
- After butter begins to sizzle lay bread slices on top of butter.
- On one side lay chicken breast or shredded it into smaller pieces. Today I thinly shaved some and shredded some so you could see the difference.
- If using Havarti lay it on the other slice of bread, otherwise sprinkle bleu cheese crumbles over the chicken breast.
- After bread begins to toast golden, close up the sandwiches.
- Continue cooking until golden on all sides and heated through.