- 4 to 6 pieces of chicken (breasts and legs)
- 1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. APPLE CIDER vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cold water
Arrange chicken pieces in slow cooker. Combine lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar; mix well. Pour lemonade mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from crockpot and cover to keep hot. Transfer liquid to saucepan over medium-low heat. Skim fat; combine cornstarch and cold water and add slowly to liquid, while stirring. When thickened, serve with chicken along with hot cooked rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first five ingredients. Remove half of the marinade to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear; basting and turning several times.