1 2/3 cups dry, small elbow or shells macaroni cooked and drained
1 large bunch green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
3/4 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 + 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine evaporated milk, 1% milk and butter in medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour and pepper.
- Cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 cups cheese until melted.
- Add macaroni and onions, blending well. It will be a little soupy, but that’s okay!
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and light brown.