1 medium eggplant, mine was just under 1 pound, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pint cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Pasta, I used Barilla Plus Rotini, 14.5 oz.
1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves, I used less
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Spread the vegetables out in an even layer on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Roast in the oven at 400 until veggies are tender and eggplant is golden, about 35 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, place the pine nuts in a small baking dish. Place in the oven on the rack below the vegetables. Roast until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reserve.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Pour pasta into a large bowl. Reserve about 1 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Transfer the roasted veggies to a food processor. Add the torn mint leaves. Puree the vegetables, mint leaves and pine nuts. Transfer the pureed vegetables to the bowl of pasta and add the parmesan. Stir to combine, adding the pasta cooking liquid 1/2 cup at a time until the pasta and sauce is saucy.
Total calories = 2218 calories
6 servings = 370 calories per serving
Pasta Rotini with Eggplant Tomato Puree = 370 calorie dinner**