- 2 lb ground beef
- 4 teaspoons burger seasoning*
- 6 buns
- 6 oz monterey jack cheese, thin sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup fried jalapeno slices*
For the cilantro and avocado ranch spread
- 3.5 oz heavy cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 ea Haas avocado, diced
- Mix the cream and lemon juice together and rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayo, garlic, cilantro, dill, salt and pepper. Stir in the cream mixture.
- Place the diced avocado and half of the dressing mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until the avocado is broken down, about 30 seconds. Fold this batch back into the rest of the dressing.
- Mix together the beef and burger seasoning. Divide into 6 third pound portions and form into 5″ patties.
- Preheat a charcoal grill to 450f.
- Grill the burgers for 4 minutes. Flip and grill another 4 minutes. Top with the cheese slices in the last minute. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top bun bottoms with shredded lettuce, a cheese burger, a handful of jalapeno chips and slather the but top with a healthy bit of the ranch dip.
- I used a commercial burger seasoning tonight but you can make a simple one of 2 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp onion powder.
- I used Deano Jalapenos’ Jalapeno Cheddar chips. I have made my own before by doing a standard flour, eggwash on slice jalapenos and deep frying them in 350f oil. It was a lot easier using theirs.
- The recipe makes about twice the amount of ranch dip that you will need, but you will be glad. Use the rest for a great dip for chips or thin it with some milk to make a great ranch dressing.
|The thick creamy avocado dip helps cool the heat of the jalapeno chips.|
|Grilled burgers, a sign that summer is coming soon!|
|The ranch makes a great dip for spicy fries too.|
FTC Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Deano Jalapenos and didn’t receive any compensation for this post. I did get the sample for free but it was a care package from some friends of ours.