Baked Omelet Roll adapted from Food Family Finds
Serves: 6 – 8
8 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon Frank’s hot sauce
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chopped ham, thin sliced
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
1/4 cup green onion (tops too), sliced thin
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 11 x 17 jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray, line with parchment paper and enough hanging over all of the edges to grasp, then spray the top with more cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, flour, ham, onions, peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan an spread evenly.
- Bake for 14 minutes, just until the egg is no longer shiny.
- Top with shredded cheese and baking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately begin to roll the egg mixture. Start with one narrow end, grasping the parchment and roll forward.
- Continue to roll, using the parchment to avoid burning your fingers until you create a log.
- Cut into 2 inch sections and serve.