1 cup blackberries, halved
2 apples peeled and sliced thin (I use Pink Ladies)
1 cup whole milk
1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup butter + 2 tablespoons, both melted separately
3/4 cup fine sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the fine sugar and flour.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Pour into well greased bowls or baking dish.
- Distribute alternately apples and berries evenly on top of batter.
- Mix 2 tablespoons melted butter with brown sugar until crumbly.
- Sprinkle on tops.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out clean.