1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tub KNORR beef gel
3 1/2 cups hot water
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
1 pound small red tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
3 ribs celery, sliced thin
2 cups baby carrots sliced in half lengthwise
1 package frozen pearl onions (thawed)**
1 tablespoon Avocado oil
12 oz. package frozen meatballs
1 package McCormick Au Jus
Himalayan pink salt and Garlic pepper to taste
- Whisk together the hot water, gel tub, vinegar, Au Jus seasoning and white wine until well blended.
- Add flour and whisk until lump free and set aside.
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, potatoes, carrots and onions, sauteing until slightly softened (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add broth mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs and simmer 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. Broth will thicken as it simmers.
**While the pearl onions look good, I prefer to make this recipe with sweet Maui onions.
PARMESAN ONION WEDGES
2 cups biscuit/baking mix
2/3 cup WHOLE milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 small onion, minced
1 teaspoon salad seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl stir biscuit mix and milk together just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead a few times.
- Roll out to a 11-12 inch circle and transfer to a pizza pan.
- Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion and salad seasoning. Spread on top of dough.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve war.
- Refrigerate leftovers.