This recipe turned out fantastic and would be perfect your next brunch gathering. It also makes a wonderful cold winter’s night meal.
CHICKEN CHILE CORN CUSTARDS
2 medium fresh poblano or Anaheim chile peppers, roasted
1 small sweet red pepper, roasted
2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
5 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cups Green Giant white corn niblets, drained
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 can green chiles, drained well
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Grease 6 six ounce ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a 13×9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and cream.
- Fold in peppers, corn, chicken, cheese, bread crumbs, chives, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Place baking dish on center rack in the middle of the oven.
- Add 1 inch of boiling water to the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove ramekins from water and serve on plates.