Chicken & Tomato Spinach Salad w/ Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
8 ounces baby spinach leaves
2 tomatoes, wedges
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small bunch green onions, halved and sliced thin
1 pound chicken tenders, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons safflower oil
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
1 tablespoon basil paste
salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the safflower oil, Juice of 2 lemons, tarragon vinegar, rice wine vinegar, minced thyme, garlic and basil paste. Set aside.
- Over a medium high heat melt butter.
- Saute chicken pieces, salt and peppering to taste until tender and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Toss together spinach leaves and onions with the dressing.
- Add chicken and toss again.
- Arrange salad in bowl and top with tomato wedges.
Bleu cheese crumbles add another layer of flavor.