NOT YOUR MOM’S TUNA CASSEROLE
1/2 rotisserie chicken, cut into small pieces or 2 large cans albacore white tuna
1 can cream of mushroom soup or substitute
1 can chopped green chilies, drained
1/2 cup milk
1 large can French’s French fried onion rings
1 bunch green onions, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups wide egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large sauce pan of water to a roiling boil. Add noodles and simmer 5 minutes.
- Whisk together soup or soup substitute and milk.
- Add onions, celery, chilies and chicken pieces blending well.
- Add in 1/2 can French’s onion rings, blending well again.
- Add in drained noodles and cheeses, blending again until well mixed.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and top with remaining Frnech’s onion rings.
- Bake 30 minutes.