4 large Apples (I like Pink Lady or Braeburns)
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 can peach nectar (Papaya or pineapple are good too or plain orange juice in a pinch)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large sauce pan pour nectar over raisins and let sit while you prepare apples.
- Wash, core, peel and chop apples.
- Peel bananas and mash.
- Add water to sauce pan and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Add apples and bananas to the raisins and cook over medium heat until until apples are tender and mush easily.
- Mush to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool and chill.
- Can be kept in refrigerator for a week though it never lasts that long around here.
- Also freezes well in small batches.