2 cups + 4 tablespoons cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 JUMBO eggs
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Process raisins in a small food processor until only small pieces remain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over medium high heat until brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, ginger and allspice.
- Pour butter mixture over raisins until well blended. Let cool completely.
- When cool add brown sugar, molasses and eggs one at a time into butter mixture until well blended.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Cover with saran and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a log on a lightly floured board.
- Bake until edges are set and centers are still soft – about 15-20 minutes.
- Let logs cool 5 minutes on pan and then transfer to cooling racks.
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Drizzle over cool logs and let set.
- Cut logs into bars.