I love my Lasagna Bolognese when I have time, but this slow cooker recipe is a nice change if you want it ready when you get home.
SLOW COOKER LASAGNA – with tricks
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup slivered carrots
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups Bolognese Sauce or your favorite jar sauce
2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
30 ounces ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh, chopped basil leaves
1 box Barilla oven ready lasagna noodles
4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cut strips of heavy duty foil about 3 inches wide and long enough to extend about 3 inches over on each side making 2-3 slings. Press into the edges of your crock pot and then coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown beef in skillet until no longer pink. Drain off fat and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and carrots to skillet.
- When vegetables are tender add meat back in and mix well.
- Add sauce, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs.
- Add in Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Spread 1/2 cup of meat sauce on bottom of crock pot.
- Add a layer of lasagna noodles breaking to fit as necessary.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce followed by 1 1/2 cups of Ricotta cheese mixture followed by 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Set crock pot for low and cook 4 hours.
- Let rest 30 minutes.
- Using Foil slings, remove the whole lasagna to platter. Foil slings will slide out easily.
**I love the oven ready noodles – no pre-cooking and so much less breakage. No one can tell the difference after you bake it!