This soup got it’s name because I was off my feet for 2 days battling a knee issue during a cold rainy weekend and all we did was play backgammon.
1 pound country sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup (3.5 oz pkg) sun dried tomatoes pieces
2 tablespoons Classico sundried tomato pesto
2 tablespoons quick cook tapioca
6 cups water
1 KNORR beef bouillon gel
1 1/2 cup white beans
1 cup baby carrots
- Soak and cook white beans according to directions.
- Whisk water with bouillon gel until well blended.
- Whisk in tapioca, pesto, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add carrots, simmering for 30 minutes.
- While carrots are simmering to tender, brown sausage and onion until a small crumble and drain off fat.
- Add sausage and onion to pan along with beans.
- Simmer another 30 minutes.