1 slice sourdough bread
1 tablespoon milk
1/3-1/2 cup Panko crumbs
1 pound fresh ground beef
3/4 pound fresh ground pork
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
zest from 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
- Using your hands mix everything together until well blended. Use only as much Panko crumbs as needed to keep mixture from being too “wet”.
- Roll into 1 inch meatballs.
- Cover and chill meatballs while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- When ready bake meatballs for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1 small red onion, chopped
24 ounce can whole tomatoes
1 KNORR beef gel
3/4 cup moscato white wine
Juice from 1 lemon
5-6 cloves garlic, finely minced into a paste
3 tablespoons Classico sundried tomato pesto
1 teaspoon fresh ground Himalayan pink salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground red pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Heat avocado oil in a large saute’ pan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic sauteeing until tender.
- Whisk together the beef gel, wine, pesto and juice from the tomatoes.
- Add seasonings, blending well.
- Add tomatoes and gently crush.
- Bring to a SLOW boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 hours.
- Add meatballs to sauce during the last 30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
- Top with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.