SAVORY PARMESAN FRENCH TOAST
6-8 slices thick french bread
4 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup + garnish amounts to taste grated Parmesan cheese
fresh minced Italian flat leaf parsley
1 batch Bolognese sauce
- Combine eggs, milk and cream in mixing bowl.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and hot sauce.
- Pour into shallow dish larger than bread slices.
- Heat griddle or large skillet coated with butter.
- Dredge bread slices through egg mixture coating both sides well.
- Add bread slices in a single layer and cook until golden brown. Flip and brown second side.
- Top with Bolognese sauce, a pinch of Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.