Thanks to my friend I have a new favorite recipe. Hoping she doesn’t mind my changes and additions.
BUTTERMILK CARROT BRAN MUFFINS makes 3-4 dozen
1 1/2 cups ALL BRAN Original
1 1/2 cups ALL BRAN Buds
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3-4 tablespoons Grandma’s molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- In a large mixing bowl combine the bran buds and and bran original.
- Pour buttermilk over bran mixture and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat muffin tins or fill with muffin papers.
- In your mixer bowl cream together sugar, coconut oil, butter and eggs until fluffy.
- Add molasses.
- Alternately add in bran mixture and flour mixture, blending well as you go.
- Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Fill muffins 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Batter will keep in refrigerator several weeks.