I have been making this broccoli salad for years – it’s perfect for summer dinners – especially grilled dinners! I added a new grill recipe that I developed and it turned out PERFECTLY!
LEMON PAPRIKA GRILL CHICKEN
4-6 skin on chicken thighs
Juice of 1 lemon
2 lemons, sliced
1/4-1/3 cup Savory Spice Shop Sweet & Spicy Paprika
1/8-1/4 cup fresh ground Himalayan Pink salt
1/8 cup fresh ground peppercorn medley
- Prick chicken pieces with fork tines.
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice over each piece and chill 2 hours.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. I use charcoal and HOT, but indirect heat. I also clean my grill and leave it off during the coals heating up process and then spray it with PAM grill non-stick spray just before adding the meat.
- Remove chicken from lemon juice and drain.
- Whisk together paprika, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Season each piece of chicken with spice mixture, patting to adhere the spices to the meat.
- Grill chicken skin side up 8-10 minutes. Adjust as necessary to avoid flame flare-ups.
- Turn skin side down and grill another 8-10 minutes or until browned or cooked through – again adjusting as necessary for flame flare-ups.
- Add lemon slices to grill after turning the chicken and grill both sides.
- Serve chicken over lemon slices.
- Garnish with parsley.
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
1/2 head shredded red cabbage (optional)*
2 bunches green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (shelled)
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 pound bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar**
- In a large mixing bowl toss the broccoli, red cabbage, onions, seeds, raisins and bacon together.
- In a small mixing bowl or mini food processor, blend the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and vinegar together until smooth.
- Pour over the vegetable mix.
- Toss well and chill 24-48 hours before serving.
*add another 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets if omitting cabbage.
**can use pineapple juice instead