I ALWAYS make a recipe as written the first time. You have to see what they were aiming for after all. The next time through I make changes to appeal to my family’s taste as well as my ease and anything I feel will make the recipe MORE flavorful and/or MORE healthy.
I originally found this one on facebook and it was delicious, but hubby hated the bones so I now make it with boneless breasts. He also is NOT fond of wilted spinach so I cut back on the spinach and increased the parsley. I also increased the garlic – A LOT!
RUSTIC CREAMY PARMESAN CHICKEN
chicken thighs, bone-in & skin-on skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons fresh ground Pink Himalayan sea salt 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon oil
3 6 cloves garlic, chopped minced
1 LARGE shallot, diced
½ Vidalia onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 cups fresh spinach
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated powdered Parmesan
2 tablespoons FLAT LEAF parsley, chopped
- Generously season chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Dredge in Flour until VERY well coated.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Sear chicken well on both sides. Move the chicken around from time to time to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add garlic, shallot and onion, stirring until onions are translucent.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, bringing to a boil.
- Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.
- Serve with pasta!