THE WEATHER IS FINALLY COOLING DOWN ENOUGH TO BAKE AGAIN!!! There is nothing like the aroma of tasty treats baking with roasted nuts and caramelizing sugar and honey – YUM!
HONEY CARAMEL MACADAMIA TART
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1 large egg yolk
1/3 cup fragrant honey
1/4 cup dark molasses
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
3 1/2 ounces heavy cream
3 tablespoons dark rum
1/2 cup chopped walnut
1 cup macadamia nuts, breaking half of them into small pieces
1/4 cup fine granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1½ teaspoons ground cloves
6 large egg yolks
- Add flour and 3/4 cup unsalted butter in a food processor, processing to a sand-like consistency.
- Add the one large egg yolk and water, processing again quickly.
- Pour out and quickly bring together to form a disc. Layer it between two pieces of baking paper.
- Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 400°.
- Roll the pastry out evenly and lay over a 10 inch loose-bottomed tart tin. NOTE: It is important that there are no gaps or breaks in the pastry anywhere or your filling will leak.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- Line the inside of the tart tin with parchment paper.
- Fill with a baking chain, baking weights or dried beans and bake for about 25 minutes, removing the weights and parchment paper for the last five minutes – the pastry shell needs to pick up a hint of golden color.
- In a small saucepan whisk together the honey, molasses, stick of butter, cream and rum untill well blended and warm.
- Set aside to cool.
- Toss walnut pieces with macadamia nuts and both sugars with the ground cloves.
- Lightly whisk the 6 egg yolks and then whisk them into the cooled honey mix.
- Pour this over the nuts and sugar and blend well.
- Place the tart tin on a lined baking tray to catch any drips and pour the filling into the pastry case.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until well caramelized.
- Carefully remove the tart from the oven and cool for 20-30 minutes. NOTE: the filling will be very hot straight from the oven.
- Once cooled, use a sharp knife to cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream if you like.
LINKING TO: CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP, DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FOODIE FRIDAY, SOUPER SUNDAY, BETH FISH READS, SATURDAY SPARKS, AMAZE ME MONDAY, INSPIRE ME TUESDAY, SHARE YOUR STYLE, OVER THE MOON