I included two pictures. The top picture was last night using thinner chicken steaks and the bottom picture is an older one using thicker steaks. Both, are great with this recipe. I’ve update the recipe to make a crisper coating.
CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN
2 large boneless chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Wondra
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Panko crumbs
2-4 tablespoons butter (enough to keep chicken from burning~add as necessary)
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
- In a shallow glass pan, pour buttermilk over chicken 1-2 hours prior to cooking.
- Make sure to coat chicken well and turn at least once during soaking.
- Drain, but do NOT rinse the buttermilk off.
- In a medium sized fry pan melt the butter over medium heat. As butter melts and begins to very slightly sizzle, prepare breasts.
- In a shallow pan mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow pan whisk eggs until well blended.
- In another shallow pan add Panko crumbs.
- One at a time, dredge each chicken breast in flour mixture, then egg mixture and then Panko crumbs.
- Add to sizzling butter.
- Cook 4-6 minutes each side depending on plumpness.
- Keep chicken warm.
3 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper + (to taste)
- Melt butter into bottom of pan you just cooked the chicken in.
- Scrape up any of the chicken pieces and mix into new butter.
- Add flour slowly, stirring until absorbed by butter and golden brown.
- Slowly add first the milk and then the cream.
- Stir constantly until thickens.
- If necessary sprinkle in more Wondra until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes.
FAMILY FAVORITE MASHED POTATOES
4 large Yukon potatoes, peeled & quartered
4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/4 + buttermilk
4 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Mash all together salt and peppering to taste.
LINKING TO: CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP, DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FOODIE FRIDAY, SOUPER SUNDAY, BETH FISH READS, SATURDAY SPARKS, AMAZE ME MONDAY, INSPIRE ME TUESDAY, SHARE YOUR STYLE, OVER THE MOON