4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can diced green chiles, drained REALLY well
1 green onion per chicken breast, minced
1 1/2 slices thin swiss or jack cheese
8 ounce package Old El Paso Roasted Tomato Mexican Cooking Sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter per chicken breast, melted and cooled slightly
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh fine bread crumbs
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush together the bread crumbs, chili powder and garlic salt until you have fine crumbs.
- Add Parmesan cheese and blend well. Set aside.
- Pour sauce into bottom of baking dish.
- Flatten chicken breasts – I like to put them in a large ziploc bag and use a rolling pin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a single layer of cheese on chicken breasts.
- Top with green onions and green chiles.
- Carefully roll chicken breasts, securing with baking bands. DO NOT USE RUBBER BANDS.
- Roll each breast in butter and then the crumb mixture.
- Place on top of sauce.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Plate chicken.
- Ladle sauce over chicken.