This is the perfect loaf for a busy holiday morning like Thanksgiving or Christmas, just pop it in the oven and bake. There will be none of this left after your family get the first tantalizing whiff.
CINNAMON RAISIN PULL APART BREAD
12 frozen yeast dinner rolls, thawed, but still cold and firm
2/4 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons QUALITY cinnamon
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup coconut rum
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup crushed nuts (optional)
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons milk
- In bowl one, pour rum over raisins. Let sit 10 minutes and then drain REALLY well.
- In bowl two, melt the butter.
- In bowl three, mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar until well blended.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan REALLY well.
- Piece by piece dip each one in the melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar coating well.
- Lay each piece in bottom of loaf pan until you have a full bottom layer.
- Sprinkle the raisins and a bit of the cinnamon sugar over the first layer.
- Repeat with remaining pieces to complete layer two.
- Sprinkle and remaining cinnamon sugar over layer two.
- Evenly pour any remaining butter over cinnamon sugar.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap.
- Let rise on your counter for at least 8 hours or overnight.
The next morning:
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and milk (or water) to desired consistency.
- Drizzle over loaf.