TATER TOT GRILLED CHEESE & BACON WAFFLE SANDWICH
1 bag frozen tater tots, thawed (give or take depending on your waffle maker size)
4 – 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
4 – 6 slices of cheddar or ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced or thin red onion slices
- Preheat waffle iron on high.
- Place thawed tater tots closely together in an even layer on the waffle iron.
- Close the lid and press it down tightly.
- Cook until the tater tot waffle is crisp, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the waffle from the waffle iron and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat the process to make a second tater tot waffle.
- When the second waffle is crisp, top it with half of the cheese, the cooked bacon, and the sliced green onions.
- Using the bottom plate of the waffle iron, heat the sandwich until the cheese has melted on the bottom waffle.
- When the cheese has melted, carefully flip the sandwich over and allow the cheese to melt on the other side before removing the sandwich from the iron.
- Cut it into quarters and serve.