PAPRIKA CHICKEN IN LEMON SAUCE with PISTACHIO RICE for 2
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped Thyme
½ cup Basmati Rice
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoon sour cream
2 large green onions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
1 LARGE lemon, juiced
3/4 pound chicken steaks
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup crushed Pistachios
2 teaspoon avocado oil
2 tablespoon butter
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Add scallion whites; cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, 1 minute.
- Stir in rice, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
- While rice cooks, pat chicken dry and season all over with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of avocado oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 min per side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out pan. If you forget to do this or choose not to, your sauce will take on a red hue 😀
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the same pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped thyme; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Stir in stock and bring to a simmer, then immediately turn off heat.
- Stir in sour cream and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lemon zest and pistachios.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide rice and chicken between plates.
- Top chicken with sauce and sprinkle with scallion greens.