LEMON SHRIMP FETTUCCINE
3/4 pound medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 small fennel, cleaned, halved and sliced – save chop fronds and keep separate
12 ounces fettuccine, prepared al dente (save 1/4 cup hot pasta water)
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
2 Meyer lemons, Juice of LARGE Meyer Lemon + slices for garnish
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Whisk together the cream, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute shrimp for 90 seconds. Remove shrimp and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the fennel pieces and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the snap peas and saute another 3 minutes until peas are tender and fennel is browned.
- Add cream, 1/4 cup pasta water, prepared fettuccine and shrimp into pan.
- Turn off heat and stir together until well blended and sauce thickens.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and lemon slices.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Meyer lemons are a bit sweeter than regular lemons so if you can’t find a Meyer lemon, use half of a regular lemon and half of a tangerine.