Steak tips come from one of two areas of the cow, either the tenderloin (a more tender, expensive cut) or from the sirloin or round flap meat.
BBQ STEAK TIPS
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 small container Greek yogurt
1 LARGE red onion, halved and sliced thin
Fresh ground salt and pepper
1 1/2 pounds steak tips
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Stir steak tips with yogurt and let sit 45 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion with a sprinkle of salt covered until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove onions from skillet.
- Add additional tablespoon of oil.
- Pat steak tips dry and then generously season them with salt and pepper.
- Add steak to the pan and cook until browned all over to desired doneness (5-20 minutes).
- Transfer steak to platter and tent with foil.
- Add onion back to skillet along with the broth and BBQ sauce.
- Simmer 5 -10 minutes over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Season to taste.
- Whisk in butter pieces.
- Add steak tips into sauce, stirring to coat.
- Ladle steak tips and sauce over prepared pasta.