9-10″ deep dish pie plate sprayed with PURE – I like to use my Pyrex french white tart pan
4-8 Tablespoons butter
2-3 cups crushed gingersnaps and vanilla wafers mix (you decide which flavor you prefer)
1 regular size cool whip*
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
1-5.1 ounce Jell-O Cheesecake flavored instant pudding
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
1 small baskets raspberries
1) Melt butter and mix into cookie crumbs. Push into bottom of pie plate firmly.
2) Melt 6 ounces of the chocolate chips and mix together with 1/3 of the cool whip until well mixed and smooth (microwave about 45 seconds, but you could use double boiler if you prefer melting the chocolate first and then adding cool whip). Spread on top of crumb crust.
3) Slice bananas and layer over chocolate layer saving a few for garnish if you like. If you save a few for garnish, be sure to douse them with lemon juice to prevent browning.
4) Mix together milk, rum extract and pudding mix. Whisk together until smooth and thick. Fold in 1/3 of the cool whip. Spoon over top of chocolate mixture.
5) Melt the other 6 ounces of chocolate chips and mix together with 1/3 of the cool whip until well mixed and smooth. Spread over pudding layer.
Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Just before serving garnish with cool whip, banana slices and raspberries. For a more decadent looking dessert add a few pieces of shaved chocolate.
*When I first take the cool whip from the freezer I slice it into thirds pie style and it makes it easier to work with.
This sounds just wonderful! Thanks so much! Have a great day and God Bless!
I agree this does sound fabulous. Thanks!
Tamy, I had a little trouble with leaving a message. If this is a duplicate, please erase.
This recipe sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
I agree with Overwhelmed! Yummy! Happy Friday.
Oh my goodness, this sounds FABULOUS! I’m printing it out so I can try it. 🙂
Thanks so much, Tamy, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday pie edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.
I hope to see you again next Friday!