Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 slices bacon, cubed
2 carrots, sliced
1 onion, chopped
12 pearl onions, peeled
8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon Classico sun dried tomato pesto
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
2 cups red wine of your choice
- Melt the butter and saute’ the beef chunks and garlic until browned. Remove to small crock pot.
- Sprinkle flour over the browned beef chunks.
- Add bacon and brown until crisp. Add to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle flour over the bacon.
- Add the onions and carrots and saute’. Add to the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the slow cooker contents, adding bay leaf last.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook 2 hours undisturbed until meat is tender.
- Add the pearl onions and mushrooms during the last 1/2 hour at least.
- Check every 20 minutes after 2 hours until desired consistency is reached.
- Good over mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles.
I do the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks, Tasty Thursday hosted by Pumpkin Patch, Watchin’ What We Eat hosted by Lorie at Honey I Shrank Myself and Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!