Hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
4 tablespoons butter, divided & softened
1 whole chicken cut into pieces
1 1/4 cups hot water
2 teaspoons Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 green onion, chopped fine
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet and when HOT, place chicken skin side down in pan.
- DO NOT TURN chicken pieces until you see blood and bottom side is golden brown.
- Whisk together the hot water, bouillon, thyme and basil.
- Turn chicken and add 3/4 cup of chicken stock.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and pour stock into a measuring cup.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet and return chicken skin side down to skillet and cook another 5 minutes until skin is crisp.
- Transfer to an ovenproof plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Skim the fat from the broth and add enough of the additional broth to make 3/4 cup.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet on a low heat, scraping up any of the little pieces from the chicken to add to the flavor.
- Add green onions and saute’ a minute or so.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Increase heat and add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Stir in any juices that have drained from the chicken. Simmer a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice, thyme and basil.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately. I like to serve it with rice.
I do the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks, Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!
That looks delicious!
Tamy, So glad that you found us and joined in for the Tempt My Tummy party! This recipe is great. I appreciate the details. I will enjoy making this. I hope you keep coming back!
Hi there. Happy TMTT. I LOVE that this is on the stovetop. Sounds delicious!!!
Yummy Yummy Yummyy! Sounds great..
Oh my oh my…where to begin?! I love your photos of the Halloween doorways. Below. And the pumpkin muffins…ho boy….joy in the morning!! And chicken enchiladas? I know what I’m cooking for dinner tonight for sure, for sure.
As for the pumpkin pie recipe? It’s the same as the can recipe only instead of using ‘evaporated milk’ that is called for, I substitute egg nog. Makes it a LOT creamier in texture and gives a much tastier sweetness. LOL
yum.. thanks for the sweet comments 😉 i’ll e-mail you later.
Mmm, sounds good! 🙂
Comments are closed.