On my bedside table/what I’m reading: The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg which I’m hoping to finish tonight.
From the Kitchen: World Peace Cookies (salted chocolate) tomorrow for Tuesdays with Dorie and lots of leftovers
Homemaking Tip I’m Sharing: Using mineral oil on your wooden kitchen utensils will extend their life.
On the menu for tonight: CORN (clean out refrigerator night)
New Recipe I’m sharing:
CREAMY STUFFED SHREDDED POTATO CASSEROLE
6 medium Yukon gold potatoes
2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
1 large bunch green onions, minced
6 tablespoons butter
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins the day before or early in the morning of the day you want to make this casserole and refrigerate them.
- Melt butter in double boiler.
- Add cheese and blend until melted.
- Add sour cream, onions,garlic, salt and pepper. Blend well and remove from heat.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Grate the potatoes and toss with the cheese mixture.
- Lightly spray an 8×8 or 9×9 casserole with PURE.
- Pour mixture into casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes.
This recipe can be made ahead and baked when needed.
In the craft basket: Perpetually sooooooooooo many UFO’s and sketches for stained glass pieces that I hope to get to soon.
Looking forward to: SPRING (I’m counting on Punxsatawney Phil this morning) and our upcoming Family Reunion
Favorite photo from last week:
Lesson learned the past few days: Don’t take anything for granted. Life is short and precious and cannot be relived.
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: Proverbs 8:20-23
I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures. The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.