1 can hominy, drained and chopped small
2 cans Rotel original tomatoes
10 ounce can Ortega green enchilada sauce
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 large Vidalia onion, diced
3 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken**
The recipe made with these ingredients makes a fairly thick stew. To make it as a soup add 2-3 cups of chicken broth.
- Combine the hominy, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, carrots, onion and cumin in a stockpot over a very low heat and mix well. A crock pot works well too!
- Add chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 3+ hours until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Stir chicken back into soup.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilamtro, lime wedges, tortilla chips, warm flour tortillas or fresh chile corn bread.
**I like to substitute the shredded chicken pieces I have frozen from when I buy rotisserie chickens 2 for 1 at my local store and portion them for quick meals. That way I can make this recipe quickly on a week night too.
If you like to play along, please add this button, link to this post with your recipe and sign Mr. Linky. Be sure to include your recipe in parenthesis following your name. Thanks and have fun. Don’t forget to leave a comment and visit everyone.