Save Room for Dessert and What Did you Bake Today are hosted over at ThE KraZy KitcHen. Stop by and join in. Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam . Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites but Andrea is taking a break while she has her baby and is being hosted by Cole for a while.
ROCKY ROAD MEETS THE BLACK FOREST BROWNIES
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
2 squares Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
3/4 cup marshmallow cream
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla
1-2 teaspoons cherry extract
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 JUMBO eggs
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, chopped
1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (really well) a 9×9 baking pan. I like to use my stoneware for nice even baking.
- Melt butter and chopped unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and consistent. Set aside to cool.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Toss chocolate chip pieces and walnuts with a bit of the flour mixture and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and vanilla until smooth and consistent.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs and blend well.
- By hand stir in the flour mixture just until well blended – DO NOT over mix!
- Fold in the chocolate pieces, cherry pieces and walnuts just until well blended.
- Warm the marshmallow cream for 15-20 seconds in the microwave (just enough to make it spreadable) and spread it over the chocolate batter in the mixing bowl.
- With a knife gently and slightly swirl it lightly into the chocolate batter. If you swirl too much it will just become part of the batter instead of clumps of marshmallow.
- Gently pour the batter into the prepared ban and bake 40-45 minutes or until edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool the cake in the pan until completely cooled.