It doesn’t get much more simple than a nice pasta with pesto supper. You can use the easy pesto recipe below – it can also be frozen for even quicker meals, be sure to make a double batch! Of course if you don’t even want to go that far there is always store bought pesto sauce. It’s a quick and easy meal either way.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients except olive oil and pulse several times in a food processor
2. Slowly add the the olive oil preferably in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Scrape sides, add the grated cheese, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper and pulse a few more times – that’s it!
Serve over fresh pasta (I like mine with a little red pepper and Parmesan sprinkled on top). Serve with garlic bread.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. My family loves pasta just about any way you serve it and this looks super good!!
How simple! I am going to give this one a try because we love pasta and pesto in our house. I may have to cut down the amount of oil used though x
YUM – perfect for a summer evening!
I love pasta and this recipe sounds and looks like something my family would enjoy. THANKS!!! Geri
Comments are closed.