It doesn’t get much more simple than a nice pasta with pesto supper. You can use the easy pesto recipe below – it can also be frozen for even quicker meals, be sure to make a double batch! Of course if you don’t even want to go that far there is always store bought pesto sauce. It’s a quick and easy meal either way.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2. Slowly add the the olive oil preferably in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Scrape sides, add the grated cheese, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper and pulse a few more times – that’s it!
Serve over fresh pasta (I like mine with a little red pepper and Parmesan sprinkled on top). Serve with garlic bread.