hosted by Dave at OuR KrAzY KiTcHeN
hosted by Kristen at OuR kRaZy KiTcHeN
Well it bugged me enough that I believe I have finally developed a recipe that compares with the Cheesecake Factory. I do like my square pan though – makes for easier slicing.
20 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies
1/4 cup butter, melted
3-8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup finely mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
- Use a blender to finely chop the cookies.
- Add butter and blend until they are well blended.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10″ springform pan and smooth it out.
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in sugar and cornstarch followed by the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake an additional 75 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Allow to cool completely before removing sides. Before removing the pan, run warm water over a knife and slide a knife around the edge of the cake to separate the cake from the pan cleanly.
- Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, at least 6 hours.
- Serve with sliced fresh bananas, Caramel Sauce, Hot Fudge Sauce and fresh whipped cream.