2 cups small cubed uncooked potatoes
1 large bunch green onion, sliced thin
1 cup cubed ham
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack/Mild Cheddar combo
- Melt butter in cast iron pan.
- Add potatoes and onions. Sprinkle with celery salt.
- Cover and cook over a medium high heat, stirring occasionally until evenly brown and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Add the ham and cook another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low.*
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and cream until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over ham and potatoes, cover and cook until eggs are almost set, about 10 minutes.
- Occasionally run a knife of spatula around the edge to allow eggs to run down and not burn.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover again until cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toasted Oat Sunflower Bread.
*Using an electric stove, I switch burners and start with a cooler burner at this point since cast iron does not cool down as quickly. I like the cast iron though for the nice crisp edge to the potatoes.