4 egg yolks
2 tablespoons Classico sun dried tomato pesto
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small-medium onion, chopped fine
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, if necessary depending on bacon
1 teaspoon white pepper
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 pound spaghetti, linguine or pasta of your choice
- Saute’ the bacon and brown until crisp.
- At the same time bring the pasta water to a boil. Timing is crucial on this dish, the pasta must be ready when the rest of the ingredients are.
- Chop the onion into small bits.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon from the grease and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onions to the bacon grease and saute. Add the garlic.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the onions and garlic and add to the bacon.
- Pour off excess bacon grease.
- Seriously scrape bottom of pan to loosen the stuck on bits – we NEED those for flavor. Make sure the pan cools slightly so as not to curdle the cream.
- Add the sun dried tomato pesto and let heat to thin slightly.
- Add the heavy cream, cooking until heated through and bubbling.
- Add back in the bacon, onion and garlic. Lower heat. Simmer a few minutes to heat through and reduce liquid.
- In a large serving bowl whisk the egg yolks together. Add the majority of the Parmesan cheese and Parsley, saving just enough for garnish. Mix it together well.
- Add the drained HOT** pasta and mix well.
- Add the butter, pepper and the bacon mixture. TOSS, TOSS and TOSS again until well mixed.
- Garnish and Serve immediately.
**Pasta MUST be hot in order for this to coagulate well.
Thanks Lyndsey – it was certainly a great change to a traditional old favorite.
This looks fantastic! What a great dish, it’s making me drool!
Looks great…making me wish I had some right now.
Comments are closed.